Badminton

Badminton Asia Championships moved from China to the Philippines due to Coronavirus

There have been confirmation that the Badminton Asian Championships will kick off next month [April]. The venue was moved from China to the Philippines.

The organizers of the event confirmed this on Wednesday, and this has made the shuttlers excited after they have expressed their worries about the Olympic virus and the coronavirus outbreak.

The deadly coronavirus, which began in Wuhan, China, late last year, has now spread around significant countries in the world, with more new cases being confirmed in Africa as well.

There have been over 91,000 cases reported over the world, with more than 80,000 within China. The death toll resulting from this COVID-19 virus has now risen to over 3,000, which a certain percentage of it is from China as well.

There have been various badminton events that should have served as qualifiers for the Tokyo 2020 games, but they have either been postponed or canceled in recent weeks due to the significant concerns of the spread of the virus with reported cases in over 80 nations.

There have even been more significant worries that the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games could be postponed or canceled, but the Japanese government has, however, calmed the fears and concerns of athletes all over the world that the games which are set to hold in July will take place.

The Badminton Asia Championships, which are set to hold in initially on the 21st -26th of April in Wuhan, will now the place in Manilla on the same date.

The organizers have, however, revealed an official statement saying they are working with the Philippine Badminton Association to ensure proper documentation and visa approval for players and officials entry into Manilla.

 

 

Written by:  Olumide Akinnifesi

 

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

IPL 2025: Rishabh Pant admits they were 20-25 runs short of par score after loss against PBKS

Lucknow Super Giants captain Rishabh Pant admitted they were 20-25 runs short of a par… Read More

April 2, 2025

IPL 2025: Shreyas Iyer hails collective effort after win against Lucknow Super Giants

Punjab Kings captain Shreyas Iyer lauded the collective effort of the team after an eight-wicket… Read More

April 2, 2025

IPL 2025: Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Match Preview

Delhi Capitals will lock horns against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 10th match of the ongoing… Read More

March 28, 2025

IPL 2025: Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Stats Preview

Delhi Capitals will square off against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 10th match of the ongoing… Read More

March 28, 2025

IPL 2025: Quinton de Kock says he wanted to play the situation of the game after win against Rajasthan Royals

Kolkata Knight Riders opener Quinton de Kock said he wanted to play according to the… Read More

March 27, 2025

IPL 2025: Ajinkya Rahane credits bowlers after win against Rajasthan Royals

Kolkata Knight Riders captain Ajinkya Rahane gave credit to the bowlers after they registered an… Read More

March 27, 2025