Badminton

Fans denied entry in Indian Open Badminton due to Coronavirus

 

The Badminton Association of India has revealed on Wednesday that the Indian Open Super 500 tournament which is a vital tournament in qualifications for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games will be played behind closed doors due to the fears of the global Coronavirus disease.

The event worth USD 400,000 came under threat when the outbreak of the CORVID 19 began which has so far claimed over 4000 lives with over 100,000 people infected worldwide.

There has however been a release of a joint statement released by the Badminton Association of India [BAI] and Badminton World Federation [BWF] stating clearly that’s the event scheduled will go as planned with the addition of taking precautionary measures for perfect conduct of the tournament.

The statement expressly was written saying “The YONEX – SUNRISE India Open 2020 to be held in New Delhi from 24th-29th March will go ahead a planned “.

The Badminton Association of India General Secretary, Ajay K Singhania said that there had been advanced precautionary measures in place to ensure the safety and welfare of players, entourage and officials.

“one of the precautionary measures taken is the restriction of entry by the people into the stadium”.

The Indian Open will go ahead as scheduled at the KD Jadhav Stadium [Indira Gandhi indoor stadium]. “To ensure maximum safety of everyone, we have decided not to allow any spectator at this time”.

Ajay Singhania added that fans could watch the games via YouTube for the first few days while it he’s local stations will air the games from the quarter-finals.

 

 

Written by: Olumide Akinnifesi

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

Mohammad Kaif backs Kuldeep Yadav’s inclusion ahead of IND vs NAM T20 World Cup match

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif has urged India to play Kuldeep Yadav in the T20… Read More

February 12, 2026

Lakshmipathy Balaji says over-reliance on Abhishek Sharma is clear after IND vs USA T20 World Cup clash

Former Indian pacer Lakshmipathy Balaji believes over-reliance on Abhishek Sharma was palpable after the team’s… Read More

February 12, 2026

Ricky Ponting lauds Arshdeep Singh ahead of IND vs NAM T20 World Cup 2026 match

Fomer Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has showered praise on Arshdeep Singh ahead of the T20… Read More

February 11, 2026

Pakistan withdraw boycott of India match at T20 World Cup

The much-anticipated match between India and Pakistan at the T20 World Cup will go on… Read More

February 11, 2026

Irfan Pathan praises Mohammed Siraj after IND vs USA T20 World Cup 2026 game

Former Indian all-rounder Irfan Pathan has lavished praise on Mohammed Siraj after India registered a… Read More

February 9, 2026

Mohammed Siraj praises Suryakumar Yadav after IND vs USA T20 World Cup 2026 match

Indian fast bowler Mohammed Siraj has showered praise on Suryakumar Yadav for his match-winning knock… Read More

February 9, 2026