Bayern CEO Kahn rules out Ronaldo transfer approach after his Man Utd exit

Bayern Munich CEO Oliver Kahn has ruled out the possibility of signing free agent Cristiano Ronaldo. 

​Ronaldo not in the plansCalls Kane a “very good player”Bayern continue their hunt for a striker

WHAT HAPPENED? The Bayern Munich boss has again clarified the club’s stance on Ronaldo and has “ruled out” a move for the Portuguese forward, despite him being a free agent after his exit from Manchester United. Previously, in July, he had mentioned that although he rates Ronaldo as one of the greatest, a transfer would not fit Die Roten’s philosophy.

WHAT THEY SAID: “I can rule out a move for Ronaldo. We’ve considered it, we all love Ronaldo but strategy is different. We have a clear idea, philosophy of how our squad should be put together,” Kahn told Sky Sports.

THE BIGGER PICTURE: However, Kahn did not hide his admiration for Kane and responded to the rumours that have been linking the Bundesliga champions with the Tottenham Hotspur forward.

Bayern are actively looking for a striker who could fill in the void left by Robert Lewandowski, who departed for Barcelona in the summer. It has been reported that the club is even willing to put down €100 million for the 29-year-old. Kane has a contract with the north London club until 2024 and is said to be reluctant to extend his stay.

IN THREE PHOTOS:

DID YOU KNOW? Kane has scored 12 goals in 15 games this season in the Premier League and has struck once in six games in the Champions League. At the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, he failed to score in the Three Lions’ first two games but provided two assists.

WHAT NEXT FOR KANE? The forward will be looking to open his account in the ongoing World Cup when he takes to the pitch against Wales on Tuesday evening.

 

 

Related Post
Share
Published by

Recent Posts

Irfan Pathan backs Devdutt Padikkal to bat at no.3 in one-off Test against Afghanistan

Former Indian all-rounder Irfan Pathan has backed Devdutt Padikkal to bat at one drop in… Read More

May 21, 2026

Saba Karim says RR are dependent on Vaibhav Suryavanshi’s batting amid IPL 2026

Former Indian wicket-keeper bat Saba Karim believes Rajasthan Royals are dependent on Vaibhav Suryavanshi’s batting… Read More

May 21, 2026

Ravichandran Ashwin slams Arshdeep Singh after PBKS vs RCB IPL 2026 game

Former Indian all-rounder Ravichandran Ashwin slammed Arshdeep Singh’s performance after Punjab Kings suffered a 23-run… Read More

May 19, 2026

Wasim Jaffer lauds Vaibhav Suryavanshi after DC vs RR IPL 2026 match

Former Indian Test opener Wasim Jaffer lavished praise on Vaibhav Suryavanshi after Rajasthan Royals suffered… Read More

May 19, 2026

Hemang Badani hails Mitchell Starc after win against Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2026

Delhi Capitals head coach Hemang Badani showered praise on Mitchell Starc after they registered a… Read More

May 18, 2026

Riyan Parag after loss against DC: If we keep playing like this, we shouldn’t be in contention for top 4

Rajasthan Royals captain Riyan Parag expressed his disappointment after they suffered a five-wicket loss against… Read More

May 18, 2026