Santos reacts to reports of Ronaldo agreeing €400m move to Saudi Arabia after leaving Man Utd as a free agent

Portugal boss Fernando Santos claimed to be in the dark over Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly agreeing a move to Saudi Arabia. 

​All-time great is currently without a clubHas been linked with teams around the worldSaid to be heading to the Middle East

WHAT HAPPENED? It has been suggested that the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has a deal in place with Al Nassr that will see him earn €200 million-per-season (£172m/$212m) across a two-and-a-half-year contract. Speculation has been raging regarding Ronaldo’s next move ever since it was announced that he had been released as a free agent by Premier League giants Manchester United.

WHAT THEY SAID: Asked if he could confirm that a switch to the Middle East is on the cards for Ronaldo, Santos said: “I haven’t spoken to him about this. We had a conversation with the players but I didn’t even know about this. I just heard about this when I arrived here. That’s his decision, that’s what he has to deal with and we are very focused here on the World Cup and his team, and that we spoke about.”

THE BIGGER PICTURE: It is claimed that the deal Ronaldo has in place will not come into effect until January 1, with his attention currently locked on a bid for global glory in Qatar.

IN THREE PHOTOS:

WHAT NEXT? Portugal will be in last-16 action at the 2022 World Cup on Tuesday when facing Switzerland, with Ronaldo looking to add to a tournament goal tally in that contest which currently stands at just one from three appearances.

 

 

Related Post
Share
Published by

Recent Posts

IPL 2025: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Gujarat Titans – Match Preview

Sunrisers Hyderabad will lock horns against Gujarat Titans in the 19th match of the ongoing… Read More

April 4, 2025

IPL 2025: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Gujarat Titans – Stats Preview

Sunrisers Hyderabad will square off against Gujarat Titans in the 19th match of the ongoing… Read More

April 4, 2025

IPL 2025: Michael Clarke backs Rohit Sharma despite poor form for Mumbai Indians

Former Australian captain Michael Clarke has put his weight behind Rohit Sharma to bounce back… Read More

April 3, 2025

Virender Sehwag heaps praise on Mohammed Siraj after GT win against RCB in IPL 2025

Former Indian opener Virender Sehwag showered praise on Mohammed Siraj after Gujarat Titans registered an… Read More

April 3, 2025

IPL 2025: Rishabh Pant admits they were 20-25 runs short of par score after loss against PBKS

Lucknow Super Giants captain Rishabh Pant admitted they were 20-25 runs short of a par… Read More

April 2, 2025

IPL 2025: Shreyas Iyer hails collective effort after win against Lucknow Super Giants

Punjab Kings captain Shreyas Iyer lauded the collective effort of the team after an eight-wicket… Read More

April 2, 2025