Football

ISL 2022-23: It was a very easy decision for me to make – Jorge Pereyra Diaz on his move to Mumbai City FC

Mumbai City FC new signing Jorge Pereyra Diaz has revealed that he had no second thoughts when he received a offer from the Hero Indian Super League 2020-21 champions. The Argentine was expecting to return to Kerala Blasters FC but the club had other plans, which was shocking for the forward.

Diaz had earlier parted ways with Kerala Blasters FC in July. The striker had played an instrumental role in taking Kerala Blasters to the final of the tournament as he had scored eight goals and also provided one assist in 21 matches he played in the previous season.

Ergo, the 32-year-old will be looking to replicate the same success for the Islanders in the upcoming season. The Argentine striker revealed he didn’t want to take the burden of settling in a new country and decided to join hands with Mumbai City FC.

“For a long time – almost two or three months – I was under the impression that I would be returning to Kerala Blasters. But in the end, the club had other plans. It was a shock (to me), but that is football. After this, I had to weigh my options; I knew there were some offers from clubs in the Gulf and the Middle East, but I didn’t want me and my family to go through the process of settling in a new country, and a new team, again,” said Diaz in an interview to IFTWC.

“The very next day, I got the call from Mumbai City and it was a very easy decision to make. With the professionalism and the ambition that Mumbai City have, being a part of City Football Group, which has successful clubs all over the world, I knew I wanted to join Mumbai City as soon as they called me,” he added.

Diaz will team up with players like Greg Stewart and Alberto Noguera and he will look to give his best. As a forward, the experienced player wants to score as many goals as he can.

“For me as a striker, I want to score more goals than last season. But more importantly, I want to win trophies. I know we are playing in a few competitions this season and I want to win everything we participate in, starting with the Durand Cup,” stated Diaz.
Diaz revealed that he has been able to hit the ground running in the pre-season at the club as he has received the support of the support staff and his teammates.

“I haven’t had a single problem here in Mumbai City so far. The people at the club, the players and the staff are good. Everyone here has made me feel comfortable since day one. My teammates have been very helpful, too. They’ve welcomed me, they’re always there to help me and settling in with this bunch has been easy for me,” he added.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

Rohit Sharma has now decided he will not walk away on his own, says Mohammad Kaif

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif reckons Rohit Sharma has now decided that he will not… Read More

August 6, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane recalls vital life advice by Ben Stokes from IPL 2017 after retirement

Former Indian batter Ajinkya Rahane recalled the advice he received from ex-England skipper Ben Stokes… Read More

August 6, 2026

Mohammed Shami defends Virat Kohli’s latest criticism after ENG vs IND 2026 series

India’s fast bowler Mohammed Shami has put his weight behind Virat Kohli over latest criticism… Read More

August 5, 2026

Ben Stokes addresses fallout rumours with Brendon McCullum after retirement

Former England skipper Ben Stokes downplayed rumours of fallout with Brendon McCullum after recent retirement.… Read More

August 5, 2026

Aakash Chopra reacts to Ravi Shastri’s India 2027 World Cup squad

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has shed light on Ravi Shastri’s India’s 2027 World… Read More

August 4, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane announces retirement from all forms of the game

India’s veteran batter Ajinkya Rahane has decided to announce his retirement from all formats of… Read More

July 30, 2026