Football

ISL 2022:23 – Chennayin FC extend Mohammad Sajid Dhot’s contract by two years

 

Chennaiyin FC has extended the contract of their defender Mohammad Sajid Dhot by two years, the club announced on their social media platform on Saturday. The new deal will keep Mohammad Sajid Dhot at the club till the 2024 season.

During the January transfer window, the youngster had made a move from Odisha FC to Marina Machans. After making the move, he played in six matches of the previous season in which he made 35 clearances and anticipated four interceptions.

In fact, Dhot also impressed with his attacking game as he scored a goal for the club. In the six matches, he played a total of 496 minutes before he was ruled due to injury.

Sajid will now look to deliver the goods in the next season of the Hero ISL after his contract extension.

“Sajid came in midway through last season and proved to be a solid addition to the backline when called upon. We are happy to have someone of his potential in our ranks,” said Chennaiyin FC co-owner Vita Dani.

The 24-year-old is delighted to sign the contract extension with Marina Machans.

“I am very happy and proud to be part of this club for two more years. Last year I got my chances and gave my best. I only want to do better. I will give it my all for the club and the people,” said the India International.

Meanwhile, earlier Chennaiyin FC has already signed players like Bengal’s Santosh Trophy squad captain Monotosh Chakladar and Rajasthan United FC’s Gurmukh Singh.

On the other hand, Chennaiyin FC could not qualify for the semifinal stages in the previous season as they only managed five wins in their 20 league stage matches. Thus, they finished at the eighth place in the points table and they will be determined to turn the tables in the next season.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

Rohit Sharma has now decided he will not walk away on his own, says Mohammad Kaif

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif reckons Rohit Sharma has now decided that he will not… Read More

August 6, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane recalls vital life advice by Ben Stokes from IPL 2017 after retirement

Former Indian batter Ajinkya Rahane recalled the advice he received from ex-England skipper Ben Stokes… Read More

August 6, 2026

Mohammed Shami defends Virat Kohli’s latest criticism after ENG vs IND 2026 series

India’s fast bowler Mohammed Shami has put his weight behind Virat Kohli over latest criticism… Read More

August 5, 2026

Ben Stokes addresses fallout rumours with Brendon McCullum after retirement

Former England skipper Ben Stokes downplayed rumours of fallout with Brendon McCullum after recent retirement.… Read More

August 5, 2026

Aakash Chopra reacts to Ravi Shastri’s India 2027 World Cup squad

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has shed light on Ravi Shastri’s India’s 2027 World… Read More

August 4, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane announces retirement from all forms of the game

India’s veteran batter Ajinkya Rahane has decided to announce his retirement from all formats of… Read More

July 30, 2026