Football

We have to keep working: East Bengal FC’s Carles Cuadrat after loss against Kerala Blasters FC

East Bengal FC head coach Carles Cuadrat believes his team needs to keep working after their 2-1 loss against Kerala Blasters FC in the Indian Super League at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Kochi on Sunday. 

The tourists took the lead in the 59th minute when midfielder Puthiya scored the goal after a goalless first half. However, the Yellow Tuskers were quick to bounce back as Noah Sadaoui scored after four minutes.

Kwame Peprah then scored the winning goal for the home team in the 88th minute to seal the deal.

Meanwhile, East Bengal FC had 53.7% possession and took four shots on target, two more than the opposition but ended on the wrong side of the result.

“We have to keep working. The team is giving their best. Football is a game of moments. At the moment we can take more advantage of the chances; we will get success directly. We have to understand that these things happen in football in the last moments. In the Indian Super League, we’re watching a lot of things happening after the 85th minute. And this time, it was against us,” Carles Cuadrat said in the post-match press conference.

“Sometimes, it goes in our favour; this time it wasn’t our opportunity to get the second goal. But we have to work. I think these players need to understand what we need. We played some moments of good football. And it has to be the base to build up for the season,” he added.

When asked what is stopping the club from achieving the desired results in the ISL as the team has lost both of their matches so far in the new season, the Spaniard said,  “It’s clear that the team is under construction. It’s just the first game for Anwar Ali and the second game for Hector Yuste. We have had a long pre-season; it’s not real because we don’t have these players to work with them because they were in different situations.”

“Unfortunately, we have not got any points in the first two games, but I’m sure that they are going to give us many special things that are coming now,” he continued.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

Rohit Sharma has now decided he will not walk away on his own, says Mohammad Kaif

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif reckons Rohit Sharma has now decided that he will not… Read More

August 6, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane recalls vital life advice by Ben Stokes from IPL 2017 after retirement

Former Indian batter Ajinkya Rahane recalled the advice he received from ex-England skipper Ben Stokes… Read More

August 6, 2026

Mohammed Shami defends Virat Kohli’s latest criticism after ENG vs IND 2026 series

India’s fast bowler Mohammed Shami has put his weight behind Virat Kohli over latest criticism… Read More

August 5, 2026

Ben Stokes addresses fallout rumours with Brendon McCullum after retirement

Former England skipper Ben Stokes downplayed rumours of fallout with Brendon McCullum after recent retirement.… Read More

August 5, 2026

Aakash Chopra reacts to Ravi Shastri’s India 2027 World Cup squad

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has shed light on Ravi Shastri’s India’s 2027 World… Read More

August 4, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane announces retirement from all forms of the game

India’s veteran batter Ajinkya Rahane has decided to announce his retirement from all formats of… Read More

July 30, 2026