Boxing

Officials above 60 years banned from Tournaments arena by the BFI

 

Boxing events in the country are set to resume, and this time around, it will be held behind closed doors with the open and well-ventilated environment instead of the usual air-conditioned.

This directive was revealed by the Boxing Federation of India [BFI] as they instructed that officials above 60 years of age would be denied entry into the arena due to the coronavirus threat.

Further to this, the BFI has made compulsory the health protocols, which was previously suggested by the sports authorities of India.

In the laws of the Standard Operating Procedure laid by the body, one of the pages indicates that due protocols should be followed when action resumes in the public space.

It states, “The competitions which are set to hold behind closed doors with allowing only the inclusion of selected personnel found only suitable to enter the venue so as to reduce the number of helpers or volunteers.”

“The doors and windows of the venue should be opened for proper ventilation. There should be no air conditioners or air curtains as they generate aerosols and help in spreading infections.”

Even though there is a lack of commotions, for now, the BFI is making sure that plans are kept in check ahead of the usual national tournament, which is going to be held in October-November, which is to be followed by the Asian championships likely hold in  December.

The statement goes further, saying officials above 60 years will not be allowed into the venue as they could easily be affected by the spread of the virus.

 

 

Written by: Olumide Akinnifesi

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

IPL 2025: Rishabh Pant admits they were 20-25 runs short of par score after loss against PBKS

Lucknow Super Giants captain Rishabh Pant admitted they were 20-25 runs short of a par… Read More

April 2, 2025

IPL 2025: Shreyas Iyer hails collective effort after win against Lucknow Super Giants

Punjab Kings captain Shreyas Iyer lauded the collective effort of the team after an eight-wicket… Read More

April 2, 2025

IPL 2025: Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Match Preview

Delhi Capitals will lock horns against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 10th match of the ongoing… Read More

March 28, 2025

IPL 2025: Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad – Stats Preview

Delhi Capitals will square off against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 10th match of the ongoing… Read More

March 28, 2025

IPL 2025: Quinton de Kock says he wanted to play the situation of the game after win against Rajasthan Royals

Kolkata Knight Riders opener Quinton de Kock said he wanted to play according to the… Read More

March 27, 2025

IPL 2025: Ajinkya Rahane credits bowlers after win against Rajasthan Royals

Kolkata Knight Riders captain Ajinkya Rahane gave credit to the bowlers after they registered an… Read More

March 27, 2025