Other Sports

“Getting justice will be bigger for me than playing in the Asian Games,” says ace wrestler Bajrang Punia

Even on a rain-marred day in Delhi, the wrestlers continue to protest. They were a little scattered but their resolve is still intact as they wait for justice against the former Wrestling Federation of India chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.

The wrestlers once again have refused to return to training or take part in the ranking series in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The series will start on June 1 and run till June 4. However, the protesting wrestlers have decided not to take part in the event. This will be the fourth event that they will miss. They have already skipped the Zagreb and Alexandria Ranking series in February and the Senior Asian Championships in Astana last month. So they are literally putting their career on the line to seek justice.

Reports suggest that the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) have reached out to the wrestlers before submitting the entries for the event. But the protesting wrestlers have turned down the opportunity.

Bajrang Punia, who is one of the best in the country has shared more on the development. He highlights that the protest is their priority and without proper diet and training, they are not going to take part in any event.

“We are not going to participate without proper training. We are completely out of shape at the moment without a proper diet and routine,” he told in an interaction with The Bridge.

“We are sitting on protest and this is our priority at the moment,” Bajrang added.

While Bajrang and Vinesh Phogat’s last event was the World Championships last September where they won bronze, Sakshi Malik’s last event was the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham where she bagged the gold back in August last year.

Bajrang Punia even claimed that for him justice takes a higher precedence than the Asian Games, which will be played later this year. “We want to play at the Asian Games but getting justice will be bigger for me than playing at the Asian Games,” He told in front of the media.

Despite Supreme Court’s direction to provide security to the protesting wrestlers, the wrestlers have refused any police security. Bajrang, Vinesh and Sakshi have refused to take up the offer of keeping personal security officers.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

ফিফা বিশ্বকাপ ২০২৬ শেষে খেলোয়াড়দের সবচেয়ে বড় বিজয়ী ও হতাশার তালিকা

ফিফা বিশ্বকাপ  ২০২৬শেষ হয়েছে, কিন্তু টুর্নামেন্টের রেশ এখনো রয়ে গেছে। ১৯ জুলাই বিশ্বকাপ ২০২৬ ফাইনালে… Read More

August 20, 2026

Rohit Sharma has now decided he will not walk away on his own, says Mohammad Kaif

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif reckons Rohit Sharma has now decided that he will not… Read More

August 6, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane recalls vital life advice by Ben Stokes from IPL 2017 after retirement

Former Indian batter Ajinkya Rahane recalled the advice he received from ex-England skipper Ben Stokes… Read More

August 6, 2026

Mohammed Shami defends Virat Kohli’s latest criticism after ENG vs IND 2026 series

India’s fast bowler Mohammed Shami has put his weight behind Virat Kohli over latest criticism… Read More

August 5, 2026

Ben Stokes addresses fallout rumours with Brendon McCullum after retirement

Former England skipper Ben Stokes downplayed rumours of fallout with Brendon McCullum after recent retirement.… Read More

August 5, 2026

Aakash Chopra reacts to Ravi Shastri’s India 2027 World Cup squad

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has shed light on Ravi Shastri’s India’s 2027 World… Read More

August 4, 2026