Basketball

We gave it away – Aaron Nesmith after Game 1 loss against Boston Celtics

Indian Pacers forward Aaron Nesmith admitted they gave it away in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals as they suffered a 133-128 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Tuesday night. The Pacers had the lead in the final 10 seconds of the game but squandered it.

The Pacers conceded 21 turnovers as they could not bring their best when it mattered the most.

“We gave it away,” Pacers forward Aaron Nesmith said. “We should’ve won the game.”

Tyrese Haliburton said that Boston Celtics is a great defensive team and they let the game slip away.

“I think it’s on us,” Haliburton said. “They’re a great defensive team, they got great defenders, individual and team defenders, but they’re not a team who forces a ton of turnovers. I just felt like more of them were on us than them. We got to clean that up.”

Haliburton is optimistic that his team can compete well with the Boston Celtics.

“We know we can play with these guys,” he said. “We know we belong. It’s discouraging just because of the plays that happened down the stretch, we felt like we were in position to win the game, just didn’t win the game.

“But what I will say, is encouraging, we had been trash in Game 1s for the first series and second series. Today we played great for about 47 minutes, just didn’t sustain for 48.”

“A lot of things had to go wrong for us and right for them,” Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said.

Pacers center Myles Turner feels the lack of experience led to their downfall.

“We showed our age a little bit tonight,” Pacers center Myles Turner said. “Being a youthful team and being in this high stakes of a game, those uncharacteristic mistakes just made their way out.”

The second game of the series is on Thursday.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

Rohit Sharma has now decided he will not walk away on his own, says Mohammad Kaif

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif reckons Rohit Sharma has now decided that he will not… Read More

August 6, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane recalls vital life advice by Ben Stokes from IPL 2017 after retirement

Former Indian batter Ajinkya Rahane recalled the advice he received from ex-England skipper Ben Stokes… Read More

August 6, 2026

Mohammed Shami defends Virat Kohli’s latest criticism after ENG vs IND 2026 series

India’s fast bowler Mohammed Shami has put his weight behind Virat Kohli over latest criticism… Read More

August 5, 2026

Ben Stokes addresses fallout rumours with Brendon McCullum after retirement

Former England skipper Ben Stokes downplayed rumours of fallout with Brendon McCullum after recent retirement.… Read More

August 5, 2026

Aakash Chopra reacts to Ravi Shastri’s India 2027 World Cup squad

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has shed light on Ravi Shastri’s India’s 2027 World… Read More

August 4, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane announces retirement from all forms of the game

India’s veteran batter Ajinkya Rahane has decided to announce his retirement from all formats of… Read More

July 30, 2026